How to Find Books on my Blog:
I have created tabs that link the books I have blogged about.
- Content Areas – Health, Science, Social Studies
- Fun Reads -
- Baseball Reads
- Community Building
- Fun Read Alouds
- Love of Reading
- Writing Connection
- Index - lists each of the books featured on my blog in alphabetical order and linked to the post for the review and noticings
- Slice of Life stories – all of the slices from the Slice of Life Challenge in March over the past years and also on Tuesdays throughout the year; any stories about my daily life
- Touchstone Texts – mentor texts that I use frequently with writing workshop. These books are not all in-compassing; they are just ones I have found along the way.
- Deep Thinking Read Alouds: You can definitely use these books for writing mentor texts. I just have found the stories to linger with me long after reading them. They allow you to have some deeper conversations with your students at many grade levels.
What to Expect:
My goal is to post about a book every few days:
- Some of the books are new releases
- Some older books that are new to me
- Other books I have been using for a while
After writing my thoughts about the book,
- I will have around five bullets at the end for ways to use the text in writing or reading. (You can always find several ways to use the text; I’m just choosing the top ways I think the book could be used.)
- I will link the author and illustrator’s website to the page if I can find it.
- I will link the book to Amazon so that you can have a visual of the text.
I welcome your comments. It’s my goal to share ideas. If you would like updates on my new blog entries, sign up on the home page. Enjoy.
A few years ago I began my journey as a writing coach at an elementary in Indiana. My background is special education, having taught eight years at PES. I joined a fellow group of writing coaches with the AllWrite!!! consortium and have evolved into a book lover and literacy coach.
My love affair with books began by reading Wondrous Words by Katie Wood Ray Katie nudged me to go to the library and read, read, read texts. My ears were hearing delicious words as my eyes were reading like a writer. I invite you to join me in savoring some books. Let the children catch your passion for reading.
More about my journey with Book Savors.