Fall is definitely here with its falling leaves and chilly mornings. Another sensory delight for readers is Fall is Here! I Love It! by Elaine W. Good.
Elaine created a set of vignettes about life on the farm told through the eyes of a young child. She creates a tingling of sensory descriptions through sights, colors, tastes, smells, and touch. You can connect this book with social studies, the cycle of harvest, ending with the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Elaine Good closes each vignette with a repeating line – “Fall is here! I love it!”
- Specific vocabulary for the farm – corn stalks, silo, tractor
- Vivid Verbs – snort and snuffle
- Personification – “The leaves dance in the wind, spinning on thie toes as they fall to the ground.”
- Close echo – “Pumpkins! Pumpkins! Pumpkins!”