As I was racing downstairs once again to the neglected laundry, my thoughts flowed. Mornings are hectic in our household. I try to stay upbeat and positive. It sets the tone for the day, a gift I lavish on my children as they walk out the door.
I began to mentally list my morning and remembered the young man who was featured on Just For a Month blog. He had written in his notebook the things that he liked. Here’s my list from my thoughts:
I’m thankful for:
- alarm clocks
- one husband-love him dearly
- three kids in double digits
- high school and middle school
- activities galore
- wrestling meets
- baseball practice
- band concerts
- “You forgot to tell me what?”
- trips to the basement for underwear and socks
- “Mom, where’s my shirt? You know the blue one with the football on it?”
- charging phones
- wet towels on the bathroom floor
- “Yeah and where’s my jacket?”
- rushed mornings
- quick hugs,
- treasured moments
- and yes, kisses on my cheek!
I’m thankful for … my family!