Use the Index to Find Books on my Blog: each book title featured on my blog is listed in alphabetical order and linked to the post.
- Bullets points at the end of the post are ways to use the text in writing or reading. (You can always find several ways to use the text; I’m just choosing the top ways I think the book could be used.)
- Author and illustrator’s website linked to the page
- Book trailers and other videos uploaded for your convenience
About Me: (Update 2018)
About fifteen years ago I began my journey as a writing coach at Pierceton Elementary School in Indiana. I joined a fellow group of writing coaches with the AllWrite!!! Consortium (now called The Lead Learners), studying under Carl Anderson and alongside Ruth Ayres. Ruth Ayres nudges four of us to join a writing group, the BONS,
My love affair with picture books began by reading Wondrous Words by Katie Wood Ray. Katie nudges you to go to the library and read, immersing yourself in the words. I have presented at the Summer Institute in Warsaw, IN. It is my wish for you to let children catch your passion for reading. I invite you to join me in savoring some books as you read-like-a-writer.
Mary Helen Gensch
- Choice Literacy published three of my articles on Finding Craft in the Books You Love.
- Two Writing Teachers blog hosted me as a guest blogger, sharing my thoughts on savoring a book.
More about Book Savors.
- Content Areas – Health, Science, Social Studies
- Fun Reads –
- Baseball Reads
- Community Building
- Fun Read Alouds
- Love of Reading
- Writing Connection
- Slice of Life stories – stories about my daily life